Sunday, April 26, 2009

Countdown to Disneyland!




















On May 2nd, my brother-in-law Johnny and I are piling my 4, 5 and 17 year old into a rental car and making the 12-hour drive to see Auntie Stacey and friends in Southern California .  This will be our first family vacation ever, but it's bittersweet.  May 2nd would also have been my husband Seltar's  38th birthday. Heavy sigh....

Seltar always wanted to take the kids to Disneyland but we could just never afford it.  So, when he suddenly passed away eight months ago after an accident at work, it didn't take Johnny and I long to decide to do this in his honor.  Plus, we could all use a great big heaping spoonful of "The Happiest Place on Earth."   This will be Max and Harlowe's first trip to Disneyland and they've already scoped out their favorite rides -- Buzz Lightyear, Pirates of the Caribbean and the Haunted Mansion (we'll see if they survive that one).  It also happens to be the Food and Wine Weekend but cross my heart, I didn't know that when I booked the trip.

So the countdown has begun and is posted enthusiastically right smack in the middle of our fridge:    5  Days!

No comments: