Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Things I Didn't Know About Being a Mom

  1. I didn't know that I'd no longer be me, Gina.  Now I'm Sage's Mom, Max's Mom or Harlowe's Mom.
  2. I didn't know that the food on my plate would always be more appealing to my kids than the exact same food sitting untouched on their plates.
  3. I didn't know that I'd become so immune to handling feces, even when it's artistically painted on white walls and on siblings.
  4. I didn't know that I wouldn't be allowed to use the restroom alone.....ever.
  5. I didn't know that, although my son won't eat peas, he has no problem inserting an army of them into his nose.
  6. I didn't know that anything could be harder than being a girl between the ages of 12 and 21; now I know the hardest thing is being her mother.
  7. I didn't know I'd be totally okay with peanut butter on a spoon for dinner.
  8. I didn't know showing up for the meeting meant you were the new Team Mom for your son's T-ball team.
  9. I didn't know that I'd send my son to school in his sister's underwear and blame it on exhaustion.
  10. I didn't know my mom was telling the truth when she said pregnancy was the easy part.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Yes, Yes, Yes and this list can go on and on. lol Being a mom is the easiest and hardest job there is with no pay, just a hug once in a while.